Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can I buy toner to re-fill my printer's ink cartridge, and do it myself?

. . . or, do I have to have them ';refurbished'; all the time? I have a laserjet 1012 printer, and I'm fed up with purchasing costly cartridges when it seems that I should simply be able to re-fill it with toner ink.Can I buy toner to re-fill my printer's ink cartridge, and do it myself?
The Q2612A is smart chipped, you will also need to purchase the chip in order for the toner to register.





ANother problem you will encounter is that the electrostatic roller (that green roller on the front of the cartridge will break down. This means that you will not be able to use the full refilled toner, your print quality will degrade.





Also if the toner is not sealed properly over filled or filled with an incompatible toner, the powder will leak causing irreparable damage to your printer.





So yes you can refill them, however not without a huge headache.Can I buy toner to re-fill my printer's ink cartridge, and do it myself?
I would advise against trying to refill your own cartridges. It's a messy job, and often times you can run into issues with the chips and your printer ink monitor. I'd suggested by remanufactured cartridges instead, which are usually about 30-40% cheaper than buying genuine HP replacements. I buy my cartridges at http://www.castleink.com
its actually a matter of preference and finance.. hahahah refilling your cartridges risks the quality of the output your trying to print out especially when your printing designs and layout.. i think buying a new ink cartridge would be better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment